Premium Slam Ball
This completely rubberized slam ball is built to take a real beating and built to last. Smaller than our Mega Slam Ball, this quality no-bounce, no-roll ball has been specifically designed for high-impact throwing and slamming training ball exercises.
Premium Slam Ball:
- Quality construction to last for years despite heavy use
- No-bounce design makes it perfect for plyometric slam ball exercises
- Rubberized cover and knurled surface insure a superior grip
Slam balls and medicine balls are heavy, padded balls used in plyometric training exercises, the purpose of which is to use "explosive" force to throw objects rapidly and repeatedly. This approach, involving an eccentric contraction of muscles followed immediately by a concentric contraction, is believed to increase athletes' speed and power simultaneously.
The primary difference between a medicine ball and the Premium Slam Ball is that the latter is expressly designed for throwing exercises. It has a tougher outer shell than most medicine balls, which allows it to handle the high-velocity impact caused by throwing it against hard surfaces. This means that you can use a slam ball similarly to the way you use kettlebells, using a heavy ball with different slamming techniques to work your entire body using a range of powerful moves. And one of the primary benefits of using a heavy ball over a medicine ball is that you must use full hip flexion (that is, a perfect squat) to retrieve the ball.
- Available in 8 different weight options, in 4-, 6-, 8-, 10-, 15-, 20-, 25-, and 30-pound weights
- Its grip and durability make it the choice of athletes
- Color: gray